Every military address is often considered domestic mail, despite the original destination being an outside country. It happens since USPS® ships the parcels to the military base of domestic mail.
After that, the military ships that mail across the countries. Remember the significance of this procedure. It means that the entire process may require a much longer time than usual for delivery.
While transporting to the military addresses, you would have to confirm certain things. Check whether you have added the assigned package number and weight of your content.
Suppose you want to put a stop to the entrance of packages in the network of foreign mail. Then, it would help if you did not mention the name of the city or country in your delivery addresses, FPO and APO. You should enter these three-lettered designators should in the field of City. Besides, you should enter AP, AA, or AE in the field of State.
HOW YOU CAN STRUCTURE A MILITARY ADDRESS PROPERLY
The correct format to put down your military shipping address is:
- Mention The Name – Enter the full name (Both, First and Last)
- Your 1st Address Line: Put down the assigned box number and the unit of the package.
- Your 2nd Address Line: This is generally not necessary. Although if there’s a Forward Operating Base (FOB) in the address, you can include it here.
- Mention The City’s Name – Enter the Diplomatic Post Office (DPO), Army Post Office (APO), or Fleet Post Office (FPO).
- Mention The State’s Name – Enter the Armed Forces Pacific (AP), Armed Forces Americas (AA), or Armed Forces Europe (AE).
- Mention The Zip Code – Enter the specific Zip Code
- Mention The Country’s Name – Enter the name of your country (United States)
The First Name and The Last Name
Unit 6 Box 1096
Remember that for the majority of military shipments, you will require a customs form. Hence, while creating your shipment via Pirate Ship, fill out the customs form mandatorily. If your shipment requires a label, then you would get it printed, along with your specific customs form.
Besides, you may utilize a preset for your package. In that case, to fill out the form, you would require to go to the Modify Package option.
Learn More: How to Format a Puerto Rico Address