Most domestic USPS services provide door-to-door tracking of packages that you can access for up to 120 days. However, what if you want to track the package for longer? That is precisely where USPS premium tracking comes into the picture. It is ideal for customers willing to track packages for more extended periods than usual.
In this blog post, you will explore everything about USPS tracking plus.
What is USPS Tracking Plus, and How Does It Work?
USPS Tracking Plus is an optional service that offers additional features and services for an added fee. It includes the ability to track packages on a map, schedule package pickups, and receive text or email notifications about the status of your parcel.
USPS Tracking Plus works by providing you with a shipment tracking number that you can use to track your package online. You can also use the tracking number to track your parcel on the USPS website or through their mobile app.
Related: UPS Ground Vs. USPS Ground: Shipping Speeds, Prices & More
How To Track A Package Using USPS Tracking Plus
To track a package using USPS Tracking Plus, you will need to have your package's tracking number. This number can be found on the receipt you gave when you purchased the box, or it may have been emailed to you or sent in a text message.
Once you have the tracking number, go to the USPS website and click on "Track a Package." Enter the tracking number and hit "Track." You should then be able to see information about your package, including where it is in transit and when it is expected to be delivered. This information will also be displayed if there are any delays or issues with delivery.
Related: USPS Lost My Package: What Do I Do?
Benefits of Using USPS Tracking Plus
There are several benefits of USPS tracking plus. Especially law offices, small businesses, pharmaceutical providers, financial institutions, and eCommerce businesses can significantly benefit from the USPS tracking plus.
The USPS Tracking Plus service offers several benefits, including:
- A detailed tracking history that allows you to track the package every step of the way: from when it enters the USPS network to when it is delivered to your door
- Automatic email and text updates that keep you informed about the status of your package
- The ability to track multiple packages at once
- A free 30-day trial so that you can try out the service before committing to a subscription
- Insurance that covers up to $100 in damages or loss
- Package consolidation so you can combine multiple packages into one shipment and save on shipping costs
- Extended USPS tracking shipping can provide evidence of delivery to resolve claims or disputes with USPS effectively.
- Provides you with official data accepted by financial and legal sources.
- It can serve as critical evidence of delivery and mailing for court and other legal proceedings.
Related: What Do the USPS Tracking Status Updates Mean?
Tips for Using USPS Tracking Plus Correctly
Here are some practical tips that can help you in using USPS plus in the right way. Let's take a look!
- Make sure the package is sealed correctly and has the correct label affixed before handing it over to the USPS
- When entering tracking information into the system, be precise and use only numbers and letters (no symbols)
- Check the tracking history regularly so that you can spot any potential delays in delivery time
- Get information about the products that are eligible for USPS premium tracks.
- Understand the complete process of how the USPS tracking plus functions.
- Enter the correct USPS tracking number.
- Understand the fees associated with different time durations.
Related: Amazon Carrier Facility Updates: Know What They Mean!
FAQs about USPS Tracking Plus
Do all packages have USPS premium tracking?
The answer is a 'no.' All packages come with the standard USPS tracking. You can only purchase the USPS premium tracks if you want to extend the tracking period.
Where to access USPS tracking?
If you are wondering where my package is USPS tracking, you can find it on the official website. From the USPS tracking portal, you can purchase the USPS premium tracks.
When can the USPS tracking plus be purchased?
You can purchase USPS tracking plus right from the very first day when the tracking history of your package is available on the official portal.
USPS Tracking Plus is a comprehensive service that can benefit your online shopping experience in several ways. By providing detailed tracking information and notifications, Plus can help you stay on top of your shipments and avoid surprises. In addition, the insurance coverage offered by Plus can give you peace of mind when ordering high-value items. If you're looking for an all-inclusive shipping solution, check out USPS Tracking Plus.
Need help fulfilling orders? Get in touch with Simpl, and let us take care of the shipping for you. We offer competitive rates and excellent customer service - so you can focus on what you do best: selling your products!
Recommended: USPS Didn't Pick Up My Package- What Should I Do?