After the Hemp Farming Act or Farm Bill of 2018, it is now legal to ship CBD oil to different places. The Hemp Farming Act is still a little hazy for the eCommerce portals and farmers because the bill is a new one. Due to the many complexities of the Act, many online retailers of CBD oil refrain from taking full advantage of the Act’s provisions.
In this article, we talk about the many provisions of the CBD shipping policy so that CBD harvesters can expand their business through shipping. CBD oil is a very versatile product that has been used in many fields. It is an excellent product for use in pain-relieving. It is also great for anxiety reduction and stress relief. Therefore, there is an inherent demand for CBD oil. The suppliers and harvesters of CBD oil can take advantage of the demand now. CBD suppliers can not only sell the oil in local markets but ship it to different locations. For further information on CBD oil shipping policy, continue reading through the following sections.
Where Can You Legally Ship CBD? How can you Ship CBD Oil?
It is now entirely legal to ship CBD oil through the mail. It is completely legal to ship CBD oil to all 50 US States. However, the CBD oil shipped to the different states must have 0.3 percent THC or less. Moreover, the THC component of the product should come from Hemp extract and not from Cannabis. As a CBD oil harvester and retailer, you must know about all these regulations. Following these regulations helps the retailers in running a business that is compliant with US federal law. For an uninterrupted and profitable business, your CBD oil business must be legal according to federal law.
Using USPS Services To Ship CBD Oil
The USPS is a leading shipping provider of CBD oil. However, the USPS is compliant with US federal law and has many guidelines. If you choose USPS as your shipping partner, you need to stay within the guidelines. These guidelines are updated by the USPS regularly. The most recent update on shipping hemp-derived CBD oil was in 2019.
According to the 2019 guidelines, the retailer produces a self-certification document with his signature. This document is subject to the False statements Act. The statement should have the mailer’s letterhead. Furthermore, the statement should have the mailer’s signature. The information is like a declaration that verifies the documents provided in the process.
- When it comes to industrial level hemp producers, they possess a specific license. This license has the issuance of the Department of Agriculture. This license includes documentation that verifies the identity of the producer. It also authorizes the producer to market the product through the mailer.
- There are concentration regulations on the products that ensure the safety of the product. According to the guidelines, the CBD product should not have a THC content of more than 0.3 percent by dry weight of the product. This ensures that the product is for therapeutic and safe use.
By adhering to the guidelines given by USPS, a retailer avoids any complications in the shipping process. The shipping process is pivotal to the business, and USPS guarantees excellent service and timing. The only requirement is strict adherence to the guidelines.
UPS Shipping For CBD Oil
Private shipping couriers are also able to ship CBD oil. Shipping companies like UPS can ship CBD oil to different USA states. The competitors of UPS like DHL and FedEx are also shipping CBD oil to US states. After the legalization of the CBD shipping process, retailers can choose shipping with UPS too. The federal regulation on the THC content, however, extends over UPS too.
How To Package And Ship CBD Oil
CBD oils need care and caution when shipping too. Here are a few points that ensure the correct shipping of CBD oil. Keep these in mind as a CBD oil producer and retailer.
- Provide documentation- There are some documentations, as mentioned before, involved in the shipping process. As a certified retailer, you need to furnish the proper documents so that your shipment does not run into legal trouble.
- Stick to the federal rules- Whether you choose a government shipping service or a private shipping service, it is always better to stick to the authorities. Go through the rules and regulations for CBD shipping. Check for any additional guidelines put forth by the shipping company. Follow the rules and regulations.
- Choose the correct box- For shipping the CBD oil, documents are as necessary as the box in which you send it. Choose the right dimensions and find a container for the product. Package it securely and ship it with care.
- Arrange Pick-up- Schedule your pick-up at a convenient time and from a suitable place. This ensures that the package is shipped in a fast manner.
There are two important aspects of shipping CBD oil. One is documents, and the other is shipping packages. If you ensure that all the requirements are fulfilled, your business can expand.
We at Simpl Fulfillment work with tons of CBD brands that sell a variety of products. We're able to fulfill anything with less than .3% THC legally. We can ship anywhere in the continental US. eCommerce store owners involved in selling CBD products should keep these regulations in mind to ensure their farm and production operations comply with the law.