Whether you're running an eCommerce website or sending out new goods for your garage band, you'll want to make sure your T-shirts are sent inexpensively and efficiently
The shipping procedure entails more than selecting a standard box or unique packaging that promotes your business. It is also critical to choose an appropriate shipping method. In addition, you must understand how to arrange your packages for transportation across town or to an exotic location so that your shirts arrive neat, orderly, and undamaged. Here are a handful of methods for sending those shirts without losing the one on your own back.
The Cheapest Way To Ship T-shirts
To find the cheapest shipping for t-shirts, start by comparing prices from different courier services. Typically, the domestic shipping companies with the most affordable way to ship clothes include:
· USPS First Class
· FedEx Ship Manager Lite
· Poly mailers
· UPS Ground
USPS First Class is a popular way to ship t-shirts because it's affordable. The disadvantage is that the package weight restriction for the service is 15.99 ounces or less than 1lb. USPS First Class is also relatively fast, taking between 1-3 days to arrive at its destination.
Poly mailers are a low-cost solution for t-shirt shipping, typically costing cents per pouch if purchased in quantity. It is determined by the weight of your shipment and the distance it is traveling. This is a less expensive choice than most, although it frequently loses to Flat Rate services if it needs to go a long distance and Regional Rate services if it is cumbersome.
FedEx Ship Manager Lite is another easy and inexpensive way to ship clothing. Packages must be less than 68 kg (150 pounds). Manager Lite also comes with free packing from FedEx. FedEx offers a variety of delivery choices and the option of having the carrier assist with packaging. If you have specific delivery requirements, their specialized shipping solutions may be helpful.
UPS Ground is cheap as well. It only costs $2.47 to ship a parcel below 2lbs. UPS Ground service takes 1 to 5 days to ship a package within the U.S. for what is usually a reasonable cost. You also have a wide range of shipping options and pricing if you need to ship internationally or change your shipping speed.
How To Pack T-shirts For Shipping?
- Fold neatly. Make sure no wrinkles are visible. Shirts should be face down with sleeves folded backward
- After folding, place in a plastic sheath. Seal plastic with tape, then put it into a poly mailer. Add the shipping label.
- Stack shirts. Ship in a box slightly larger than the volume of shirts to prevent folding and wrinkling in transit.
- For larger shipments, pack a cardboard box with packing material like brown Kraft paper or peanuts. This prevents slippage and wrinkling.
- Add the shipping label with all relevant information.
How To Ship A Single T-shirt?
If you're only shipping one t-shirt, USPS First-Class Package Service with a poly mailer or soft envelope is your excellent option. Because the shipping weight for a single t-shirt is 13 ounces, you'll be able to ship those t-shirts at a low rate using First-Class Package Service.
Here are some pointers on how to get the most out of this service and save the most money:
- Keep the weight down by not adding anything extra to your shipment
- Use cheap and lightweight packaging, like a plain poly mailer. We recommend these 10×13″ poly mailers.
- Pricing varies based on weight and distance, the cheapest being around $3 and the most expensive just below $6
- The estimated delivery time is 1-3 days.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Shirt?
USPS First Class Mail is the cheapest overall, costing approximately $5 or less depending on weight. The cost of using an envelope or small box with USPS is nearly similar. Rates may be the lowest with USPS if you send items weighing less than three pounds or use a substantial discount. You may be able to mail small clothing orders without any difficulty using an envelope.
UPS and FedEx provide comparable Ground delivery prices; however, the lowest postage for a compact 220.127.116.11" package is still approximately $11. So if you're delivering a couple of T-shirts, these two carriers aren't going to be your greatest bet.
Next article: Cheapest Way to Ship Large or Oversized Packages