Wish.com is among the world's largest online marketplaces, so it's no surprise that it's appealing to eCommerce investors seeking a tremendous international scope. Wish.com had almost 70 million international visitors in a single month in June 2020.
Wish has grown in popularity as a location where you can purchase or sell anything except for a relatively limited list of prohibited products. However, if you are new to the market, it can be challenging to know where to begin and acquire new traction when there are so many rivals already in place.
In this blog, we’ll walk you through how to sell on wish.com, the things to consider before selling, and the benefits of selling. So let’s get started:
WHAT IS WISH.COM?
Wish.com was created in 2010 by entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley. Until being what it is today: a platform where over a million eCommerce vendors list their products for sale, the business moved through several transformations.
Wish is well-known for selling items ranging from clothes to electronics at a fraction of their usual retail price. The majority of Wish.com merchants are Chinese. As a result, delivery will take weeks rather than days. However, it appears that US customers can wait in return for bargain-basement rates.
Wish, unlike Amazon, does not offer any goods. The platform generates revenue by taking a 15% share of all purchases.
HOW TO SELL ON WISH MARKETPLACE?
To start selling on the wish marketplace:
1. Navigate to the Registration for a Wish Merchant Account page.
2. Please enter the name of your business (Try to make it specific).
3. Enter your email address and select the country where your shop is located.
4. Your store will be developed once you click the Create Button.
5. Confirm your account by verifying it yourself.
6. Enter any additional details needed for store setup.
7. Begin by categorizing your products and uploading them.
8. Enter the payment information and choose the preferred payment gateway (s)
9. Accept the terms and conditions.
10. Once authorized, your products will go live.
11. You'll have a lot of fun selling on Wish Marketplace.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SELL ON WISH?
Wish is a seller-friendly eCommerce platform that pays sellers a price. Only pay when you sell:
- There are no registration fees.
- There is no monthly or annual subscription charge.
- There is no product listing charge.
- The sales commission (up to 15%) is determined by combining the order and delivery rates.
THINGS TO CONSIDER IF SELLING ON WISH.COM
If you want to start selling on Wish.com, you should be aware of the following restrictions:
- If you want to sell branded items, you must be an Approved Seller and provide Wish.com with a contract or authorization letter from the trademark holder.
- You must offer new items, not used or reconditioned products. Only brand new goods are permitted to be sold in the market.
- However, it is not a preferred marketplace for selling high-end or luxury goods since Wish.com is renowned for selling high-quality products at low prices.
BENEFITS OF SELLING ON WISH MARKETPLACE
- The main reason you should sell on Wish is that it is profitable. Until learning how to sell on Wish, keep in mind that the Wish platform does not charge sellers a fee if an item does not sell. This implies that Wish Marketplace only earns money when the goods of its sellers are sold.
- A seller selling on Wish will be able to attract a large number of mobile shoppers.
- A seller trading on Wish can use the mobile app without developing one.
- Sellers marketing on Wish can use Wish's Product Targeting Features.
Next article: Everything to Know About Product Sourcing on Wish