If you've been running your Shopify store for a while, you may find that you want to change your store name. This can be a relatively simple process, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. In this blog post, we'll walk you through the steps of changing your store name on Shopify, as well as some of the things you need to consider before making the change. Let's get started!
How a Shopify Store Name Works
When you first enter Shopify, you need to sign up there, and it asks you to choose one name among hundreds of Shopify store names while creating your account. The name you choose to give your store will automatically make your Shopify sub-domain in a format like https://nameofyourstore.myshopify.com. This sub-domain is planned to be used for internal purposes such as logging into your Shopify account and setting up and managing your online store. One may keep this sub-domain as the URL for the public for their online store, but it is highly recommended that you create your domain to build trust and credibility that will reflect the brand and is memorable.
It's up to an individual if he wants to keep their Shopify sub-domain as their public URL; then, they might get an option to change the Shopify store name but won't get the provision to change the sub-domain. If one wants to change it at any time, then the individual has to create a new Shopify store. If you're going to use or plan to use your custom domain, you can change it to your Shopify store name for beautifying reasons, but it won't impact your custom domain or Shopify sub-domain. Usually, people get confused about how to change Shopify's domain name.
Common Reasons for Changing a Shopify Name
There are a few reasons why business owners might want to change their Shopify name. One reason could be that they want to rebrand their business. This could be due to a change in the business model, product line, or target market. Another reason for changing a Shopify name could be to consolidate multiple Shopify stores under one name. This can simplify things for customers and make it easier to track inventory and sales.
Here are some other reasons why you might decide to change your Shopify name.
-A change in the products or services offered
-A rebranding effort
-A change in ownership
-Evolving the store to better reflect the brand identity
-Moving to a new domain name or Shopify platform
-A change in ownership or management
-A rebranding effort
-An attempt to attract a new customer base
-Trying to distance the store from negative reviews or publicity
Related: How Much Does It Cost To Start A Shopify Store?
How Can You Change Your Shopify Store Name?
Are you worried about how you can change your Shopify store name? Well, your problem just got solved. There are two quick and easy options for changing your Shopify store name. Let's find out what we are they:-
- Using the Shopify mobile app
- Using the admin website
By using the mobile app, how to change the store name:
- Open the Shopify app on your mobile and press the store option in the bottom right corner.
- Press the settings option
- In the store setting, press the general tab.
- You will find a current store name in-store name field in the store setting. Then delete your current store name and give it a new name.
- At last, press the save button at the top to save the changes.
By using the Shopify admin website
- Log in to the Shopify admin on your desktop
- Then click the setting on the bottom of the left navigation menu
- Then press generally
- Then you will find your current store name in the store name field. Then delete your current name and write the new one.
- At last, click the save button on the right top to save the changes done.
Tips for Buying a Shopify Domain from Shopify
- Open the Shopify app on mobile and press the store icon in the bottom right corner.
- In the sales channels section, press the online store option.
- Press the domain option
- Press the buy new domain option on the top
- Type the domain you want to purchase into the domain search option and see what types of domains are available.
- Choose the domain you want and press the buy button.
- Add the payment details to complete the purchase
- Then return to the domain screen. If your new domain is ready, it will show. Then press the main domain link.
- Select your new domain, and here is your Shopify domain created. Now it will no longer show your shop unavailable.
Have you been considering a store name change? If so, we hope this blog post has been helpful. The process of changing your store name on Shopify is relatively simple, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind. We recommend taking the time to consider all of your options before making the change, and getting in touch with Simpl if you need help with fulfillment during the transition. Thanks for reading!
Recommended: How to Put Shopify Store on Hold