eCommerce Showdown: BigCommerce Vs. WooCommerce
If you're a business owner, you know that eCommerce is a huge part of the game these days. You also know that there are a lot of different platforms to choose from when it comes to setting up your online store. In this showdown, we'll take a look at two of the most popular platforms: Bigcommerce and Woocommerce. Let's see which one is the best option for your business.
What Is Bigcommerce?
It has now evolved into a competitive rival in the eCommerce space. To keep your webstore running, you'll have to pay a monthly charge to BigCommerce. It has many built-in features, data tools, and other tools, and it is recognized as a success in hosting numerous fast-growing organizations. It has tiers of piercing programs that can be paid monthly or annually.
There are many different viewpoints on its user-friendliness; it contains hundreds of free and commercial themes, but they are all too identical.
Bigcommerce sites feature a robust inventory management system built-in, as well as 65+ payment gateway options. There are over 800 apps that offer significant functionality, conduct vital SEO duties, and allow you to contribute microdata. Setting up and running a store is simple. You will not have to worry about hosting or managing updates because BigCommerce is a fully hosted platform.
BigCommerce sites provide above and beyond essential features to help you thrive and expand quickly. If you upgrade to a higher plan, you will get more advanced features.
What Is Woocommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress open-source plugin that was established by WooThemes developers in 2011. It can quickly help you turn a WordPress website into a fully functional one. The platform is regarded to be a good fit for businesses of all kinds, from small businesses to large companies.
Although it is free to download and install, there are costs associated with components such as hosting and domain name registration. Even novices will like the user-friendly UI.
The HTML/CSS editor can be used to make changes. WooCommerce can do certain simple jobs; however, it may be better with plugins. There are over 100 payment gateways accessible. There are over 55,000 plugins available, including thousands of premium plugins. It handles important SEO tasks and has a powerful blogging capability, but it can be enhanced with plugins.
You can change your WooCommerce themes to a significant amount because to the high level of design flexibility. However, you'll need certain technical skills, such as the ability to use HTML/CSS editors, to get the most out of them. If you want to start growing a woocommerce business and if you aren't tech-savvy, WordPress page builders can help you create outstanding successful woocommerce sites.
The popularity of BigCommerce vs WooCommerce is supported by various sets of statistics, just as facts and figures never lie. BigCommerce currently powers 52,456 live websites as of January 2022. WooCommerce, on the other hand, is responsible for 5,106,506 active websites.
BigCommerce vs WooCommerce: Pros & Cons
The eCommerce world is filled with choices. BigCommerce and WooCommerce are two of the most popular platforms available, but they each have their own pros and cons. Which one is right for your business? Let's take a closer look.
1. BigCommerce is a true all-in-one platform. This means that you can get started with everything you need to run your online store in one place. There's no need to worry about integrating different software products - it's all taken care of for you.
2. The platform is extremely scalable. As your business grows, BigCommerce can grow with you. You'll never have to worry about outgrowing your eCommerce solution.
3. BigCommerce offers a wide range of features and integrations. There's pretty much anything you could possibly need for your store, all available in one place.
4. The platform is very user-friendly. Even if you're not particularly tech-savvy, you should be able to get the hang of BigCommerce with ease.
5. Customer support is excellent. If you ever run into any problems or have any questions, help is always on hand.
1. BigCommerce can be more expensive than some other platforms, especially if you need to add on extras like shipping and tax calculators.
2. The platform can be a bit overwhelming at first, because of the sheer number of features and options available. It might take a while to get your head around everything.
1. WooCommerce is free to download and use. You'll only need to pay for things like hosting, domain names, and premium plugins or themes. This makes it a very cost-effective solution for small businesses.
2. The platform is extremely flexible. You can customize pretty much anything to suit your needs, which gives you a lot of control over the look and feel of your store.
3. WooCommerce integrates with WordPress, which is one of the most popular website building platforms in the world. This makes it easy to create a professional-looking online store without any coding knowledge.
4. There's a huge range of plugins and themes available for WooCommerce, so you can really make your store stand out from the crowd.
5. Like BigCommerce, customer support is excellent. If you ever need any help, there are plenty of resources available.
1. Because WooCommerce is so flexible, it can be tricky to set up if you're not particularly tech-savvy. It might be worth hiring a developer to help you get started.
2. As your business grows, you might need to add on various plugins and extensions to keep things running smoothly. This can quickly become expensive.
3. WooCommerce doesn't offer an all-in-one solution like BigCommerce does. You'll need to take care of things like hosting, security, and payments yourself. This can be a bit of a hassle.
So, which platform is right for you? That’s a tough question to answer - both Bigcommerce and WooCommerce have their pros and cons. However, we can give you a few pointers to help make your decision. If you need help with fulfillment, then Simpl Fulfillment is the best option. We offer seamless integration with both platforms as well as a host of other features that will make running your eCommerce business easier than ever. Contact us today to learn more!