Whether you deliver one package or hundreds, UPS tracking tells about your shipment all along the journey through status updates of your shipment. You can have peace and relaxation after knowing that you will get the most up-to-date tracking information with UPS's improved tracking service.
UPS tracking service gives you different tracking methods and approaches so that you can remain informed about status, startling postponements, and the delivery of your shipment.
UPS offers methods to track your shipment; one is with a UPS tracking number.
What are UPS Tracking Numbers?
UPS tracking numbers commonly start with 1Z and contain 18 characters. A 6-character shipping number (a combination of numbers and letters), 2-digit service level marker characters, and 8-digits tell you about the given shipment.
UPS appoints the tracking number to each bundle in its organization. If you are the transporter, you will get a UPS following number when you confirm your shipment. If you are the bundle recipient, there are many methods of acquiring a UPS tracking number. It allows you to follow your load and helps organizations with their customer service. There are few alternatives for looking into a tracking status when you have the following number.
How to Track a UPS Shipment Using Different Methods
By the UPS Website
First, Go to UPS.com. If you do not control an account on UPS, then sign up is easy. If you have already gone through a sign-up process, sign in with your account, enter the tracking number for bundle status, and assess delivery data. You can enter up to 25 following numbers all at once for an ongoing situation.
Enter the following number into the USP chatbot from the Help community if you have any queries about your delivery. You can also see extra information concerning your bundle or view past shipments on your UPS profile. When signed in to UPS.com, you can also start email warnings for your delivery.
Without a Tracking Number
If you have lost a tracking number, then UPS have different methods that can track your shipment without a tracking number:
Tracking by Reference Number
The first approach to track your shipment without a tracking number is by reference number.
While making a shipment, the transporter has an option to allow a reference number to the bundle. It could be the order number or a simple description of the merchandise. The reference number helps in recognizing the shipment and can be up to 35 characters in length.
1. Go to USP.com, and then advance to the track page
2. On the tracking page, click on the option of 'Track by reference number.'
3. A new page will pop up
4. Complete the details of the shipment and track your order.
Contact the transporter if you are waiting for a bundle and do not have a tracking or a reference number.
Related article: A Detailed Guide on UPS Next Day Air Saver
Tracking with UPS My Choice and UPS My Choice for Business
Utilizing UPS tracking is incredible for those oddball bundles. The most helpful way for clients to follow their inbound shipments is through UPS My Choice® or UPS My Choice® for the Business tool.
UPS My Choice
With UPS My Choice:
• You can control and manage your shipments: You can manage when and where your parcel arrives and save your time.
• Tracking and Personalization: UPS My Choice can notify you by email, message, or instant message. You can track your updates with the help of notifications. You can also watch your delivery package from one point to another.
• Reroute Your Packages: If you have a change of plans and do not want your parcel to deliver to a place you wanted before, you can change your packages' location. You can even reroute your deliveries to a UPS Access Point® location. Likewise, you can set your preferences to get individual notifications on where your bundles are and when you expect your deliveries.
UPS My Choice offers a basic and premium membership for its members.
• A Basic (free) plan gives main delivery features with improved on-request services.
• Premium gives a considerably more prominent management option, permitting you to customize where, when, and how your UPS deliveries will come.
UPS My Choice for Business
UPS My Choice for business is for commercial shippers, it givens different features like:
• It is all in one resource for all your UPS needs. See outbound shipments, returns, and all your associated delivery.
• You can increase your business revenue by influencing package tracking and emphasizing key delivery features.
• With this tool, you can set a profits strategy, catch information on why clients are making returns, control get back to objections and make return delivering names by tracking bundles on the UPS website.
• Our improved tool makes it simpler to begin and track claims, give supporting records, transfer pictures, get status warnings, see guarantee situations with ongoing, and arrive at reasonable goals.
Tracking by UPS Infonotice
You can track your package easily with UPS infonotice. You will be notified by UPS infonotice if your UPS drive fails to deliver your package. It will also send notifications about details of redelivery. On a few occasions, your bundle will be naturally diverted to a UPS Access Point area. The UPS InfoNotice will inform if this is the situation.
A UPS infonotice will provide you a 12-digit number that you have to enter at the UPS website in tracking your package. You can also request different delivery dates and times if you cannot receive your parcel at a specific time.
To make your tracking easy, UPS offers many options and delivers your package in good condition. You could sign in to UPS My Choice for a fantastic experience; and it has many features and is a tremendous tracking tool.
Next article: Difference between FedEx, UPS, and USPS