A few simple and basic rules of thumb for knowing about the most affordable ways to transport. If your parcel weighs:
- 15.9 ounces or lower than that, then utilizing your parceling with the high-quality package would be the most affordable, always.
- More than 1lb, but it is compatible with envelopes or Flat Rate boxes. These are the most affordable options.
- You can’t keep more than 1lb and into those; using smaller boxes is most affordable. In this way, you can qualify for the Priority Mail Cubic.
- Medium and Large boxes of Flat Rate will be a good option if the weight is over 20lbs. However, Rate Boxes that are regional may not be a great choice.
An advantage of Priority Mail Cubic is that you will be able to utilize your own parceling.
However, USPS provides complimentary boxes that you can use along with Priority Mail Cubic:
Priority Mail Box -
- 1095 | Cubic Tier no. 4 | 12.5" x 3.125 x 15.375" (OD)
- Shoe Box | Cubic Tier no. 4 | 7-3/8" x 5-1/4" x 14-7/8" (OD)
- 1092 | Cubic Tier no. 3 | 12.25" x 2.875" x 13.6875" (OD)
- 1097 | Cubic Tier no. 3 | 11.625" x 2.5" x 13.4375" (OD)
- 4 | Cubic Tier no. 2 | 7-1/4" x 7-1/4" x 6-1/2" (OD)
- 1096L | Cubic Tier no. 1 | 9-7/16" x 6-7/16" x 2-3/16" (OD)
Learn more: How to Get Free Shipping Supplies from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL