A few simple and basic rules of thumb for knowing about the most affordable ways to transport. If your parcel weighs:
- 15.9 ounces or lower than that, then utilizing your parceling with the high-quality package would be the most affordable, always.
- More than 1lb, but it is compatible with envelopes or Flat Rate boxes. These are the most affordable options.
- You can’t keep more than 1lb and into those; using smaller boxes is most affordable. In this way, you can qualify for the Priority Mail Cubic.
- Medium and Large boxes of Flat Rate will be a good option if the weight is over 20lbs. However, Rate Boxes that are regional may not be a great choice.
An advantage of Priority Mail Cubic is that you will be able to utilize your own parceling.
Related: Compare USPS Priority Mail to Priority Mail Express
However, USPS provides complimentary boxes that you can use along with Priority Mail Cubic:
Priority Mail Box -
- 1095 | Cubic Tier no. 4 | 12.5" x 3.125 x 15.375" (OD)
- Shoe Box | Cubic Tier no. 4 | 7-3/8" x 5-1/4" x 14-7/8" (OD)
- 1092 | Cubic Tier no. 3 | 12.25" x 2.875" x 13.6875" (OD)
- 1097 | Cubic Tier no. 3 | 11.625" x 2.5" x 13.4375" (OD)
- 4 | Cubic Tier no. 2 | 7-1/4" x 7-1/4" x 6-1/2" (OD)
- 1096L | Cubic Tier no. 1 | 9-7/16" x 6-7/16" x 2-3/16" (OD)
Learn more: How to Get Free Shipping Supplies from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL