How To Set Up Shipping In Woocommerce?
Are you starting on the Woo-commerce platform and are curious about Woocommerce shipping setup? In this article, we describe how to set up woo commerce shipping options for your eCommerce business.
In the eCommerce scene, online shopping is supported by many websites that provide back-end support to e-retailers. If you are a customer, you must be aware of the effort to packaging and shipping your online order. If you are an e-retailer just starting to sell, you must know the process of fulfilling one order. Shipping is a massive part of the whole order fulfillment process. Well-known e-retail support systems like Woocommerce provide an entire framework for online sellers to operate. Out of all the operations, Woocommerce shipping is also essential to a great length.
Are you starting on the Woo-commerce platform and are curious about Woocommerce shipping setup? In this article, we describe how to set up woo commerce shipping options for your eCommerce business. Read on to know how to set up your woocommerce shipping options quickly.
Steps To Woocommerce Shipping Setup
- Go to your Woocommerce account. The first step of setting up Woocommerce shipping is to select the shipping zones.
- Click on the settings tab and then go to the public option.
- Select the country you want your products shipped to under the shipping zones and then choose the locations. You can choose to send it to all countries too.
- Choose the shipping zones Woocommerce and then click on the Add shipping zone button. You can also specify the locations you are shipping to by clicking on the limit to a specific ZIP option.
- The Woocommerce site will ask you further to choose the shipping option to a particular location. You can do this by clicking on the Woocommerce Add Shipping method option. Many shipping methods will pop up, and you click on one to choose the way.
- You get the options of flat rate shipping, free shipping, and local pickup shipping. When you choose any method, you get the Edit option, where you can alter the cost of shipping.
- The whole process of shipping, its costs, tax included can be very confusing. Thus, you have additional settings and a calculator to calculate the final costs according to Woocommerce shipping zones.
- You can go to the Shipping section and then choose the Shipping options link.
- You can easily choose the Enable the shipping calculator option on the cart page.
- Once you have chosen the options, you can click on Save Changes.
- The next step is choosing the shipping class where you categorize shipped products into a category. If you deal in the same type of products, it is better to select a shipping class. Go to the shipping tab, click on the Shipping Class option, and then go for Add shipping class option.
- Enter a title and description for your shipping class, and then click on the Save shipping class option.
- Once the class is set, you can re-select the shipping method already chosen in the shipping methods section. You can edit the rate of shipping according to the type specified.
- Click on the Save Changes option once you are done.
Once you have set up the Woocommerce shipping system for your eCommerce venture, you can go to inventory and products to manage stock and shipping. You can easily manage packing and shipping from the settings of Woocommerce.