As an Amazon business owner, it's important to know the company's main image requirements. That way, you can ensure that your product listings look their best and stand out from the competition. In this blog post, we'll go over the basics of Amazon's image guidelines, so you can create product images that are sure to make a splash. Ready to jump in? Let's get started!
What Are Things You Should Keep In Mind While Taking Amazon Product Photos?
Amazon's main image requirements are that the image be in .jpg or .png format, and that it be at least 1000 pixels on the longest side.
The most important thing to keep in mind when uploading a product image to Amazon is that the image should accurately represent the product. Amazon recommends including a real-world photograph of the product, rather than just a stock photo or graphic.
Additionally, Amazon has a number of requirements for images that are used as marketing banners on product pages.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
1. The goods must be appropriately represented in the images, so you should show only the available items for sale.
3. The product, as well as all of its attributes, must be visible.
4. The backdrop must be completely white.
5. You may use other items or things to show the product's usage or value.
6. Eighty-five percent more than of frame should be taken up by the goods and props.
7. Images that are edited or close photos are permitted.
8. Backgrounds and settings are acceptable.
9. You should shoot both pictures of women's or men's apparel on a model.
What Are Things You Should Avoid In Photos For Amazon Listing?
1. All children's and baby's apparel photographs should be shot flat, not on models (off-model).
2. Any Amazon logos or even trademarks, as well as variants, revisions, or anything nearly identical to Amazon's logos, must be avoided in product photographs.
3. Images must not be overly sexual or feature nudity.
4. Sitting postures for models are not allowed by Amazon, including crouching or laying down. Models should stand straight in the pictures.
5. Amazon prohibits images of the goods in packaging or brand tags.
6. Internal or exterior supporting that includes the goods for sale or generates misunderstanding are not allowed.
7. Images of products should not be grainy, fuzzy, or have rough edges.
8. Several photos of the same product are not allowed by Amazon.
What Are The Technical Requirements For Photos For Listing?
The following technical requirements should be followed by product photographs sent to Amazon.
- JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif), and GIF (.gif) file types are all accepted by Amazon; however, JPEG is recommended.
- On the broadest side, pictures must be 1,600pixels or greater. The website's zoom feature is enabled because of this minimum standard requirement. The use of Zooming quality has been shown to increase sales.
- The main photo of a single sneaker should be faced forward at a 45 ° angle.
- The item identification must be followed by a period and the compatible file extension in file names.
It's important to be aware of the company guidelines so that your product listings look their best and stand out from the competition. The basics are outlined in this blog post, but if you have any questions or need help with Amazon FBA Simpl is here for you! We're trained on all things Amazon so we'll make sure your business gets off on the right foot.