If you're looking to transfer your domain to Shopify, you've come to the right place. This post will walk you through transferring a third-party domain to Shopify. We'll also provide tips on making the most of Shopify's features and apps to grow your business. So let's get started!
The eCommerce industry has been registering unprecedented numbers in terms of growth. In 2022, almost 21% of sales will be made through online purchases, and the eCommerce market might reach a total value of nearly $5.5 trillion in 2022. What can a business do to capitalize on the benefits of eCommerce? The obvious answer would suggest that you transfer the domain to Shopify, the biggest eCommerce platform right now. It has many exciting features and apps to drive your business forward in the digital space. The following post helps you learn how to transfer a third-party domain to Shopify alongside an in-depth understanding of the essential requirements.
What is Shopify, and Why Does It Matter?
Shopify is the leading eCommerce platform, powering over 1 million businesses in 175 countries. Shopify has many features and apps to help companies to grow their online sales.
There are many benefits of transferring your domain to Shopify. Here are some of the most compelling reasons:
Free .myshopify.com subdomain: When you transfer your domain to Shopify, you get a free .myshopify.com subdomain. This is a great way to start Shopify without spending money on a domain.
Easier to set up: Once your domain is transferred to Shopify, setting up your store will be a breeze. You can use Shopify's drag-and-drop builder to create a beautiful store in minutes.
Better SEO: When you transfer your domain to Shopify, you'll get access to Shopify's powerful SEO features. With these features, you can optimize your website for search engines and drive more traffic to your store.
Access to Shopify's Support: When you transfer your domain to Shopify, you'll get access to Shopify's world-class support. Shopify's support team is available 24/7 to help you with any questions or issues you might have.
Shopify's App Store: When you transfer your domain to Shopify, you'll also get access to Shopify's App Store. The App Store is a great way to add new features and functionality to your store.
Related: Is Shopify Legit? Know the Facts!
How to Transfer a Third-Party Domain to Shopify?
The need to transfer a domain to the Shopify store is based on the promising benefits of Shopify as an eCommerce platform. However, before starting the Shopify transferring domain, you must know the essential requirements. You must own the selected domain with access to the original domain provider account and associated email address.
Ensure that the email address is not associated with the selected domain, as you must monitor and respond to the emails during the transfer. The transfer process could take 20 days to complete, and you must pay the registration fee and additional costs. In addition, you must wait for 60 days after registering a specific domain before transferring it.
There are two ways to transfer your domain to Shopify:
1) Use Shopify's Domain Registrar
2) Use a Third-Party Domain Registrar
Method 1: Use Shopify's Domain Registrar
Shopify has a domain registrar that you can use to transfer your domain. To transfer your domain using Shopify's registrar, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Shopify account and go to Domains under Online Store in the left-hand menu.
2. Click Transfer Domain in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Enter your domain name in the box, then click Next.
4. On the next page, select I will transfer my domain from another registrar.
5. Click Next.
6. On the transfer domain page, enter the following information:
- Domain name: Enter your domain name.
- Registrant email: Enter the email address you used to register your domain name.
- EPP transfer key: Enter the code generated by your current registrar.
- DNS settings: You can leave these blank for now as we'll update them later.
7. When you're finished, click Transfer Domain.
8. You'll see a message asking you to confirm transferring your domain name to Shopify. Check the box to confirm, then click transfer domain.
9. Your domain transfer will now begin processing. This can take up to five days but is usually complete within two days.
10. Once your domain transfer is complete, you'll receive an email from Shopify asking you to set up your DNS settings.
11. To do this, log into your Shopify account and go to Online Store > Domains in the left-hand menu.
12. Click the DNS tab next to your domain name, then scroll down to Custom resource records.
13. In the first row of the table, enter www for the Name field and enter the IP address from the email you received for the Value/Points to field.
14. In the second row, enter * for the Name field and enter the IP address from the email you received for the Value/Points to field.
15. When you're finished, click Save.
16. That's it! Your domain transfer is complete, and you can start using Shopify to power your online store.
Method 2: Use a Third-Party Domain Registrar
You can also transfer your domain using a third-party registrar such as GoDaddy or Namecheap. To transfer your domain using a third-party registrar, follow these steps:
1) Log in to your Shopify admin
2) Go to Online Store > Domains
3) Enter your domain in the search bar and click on the "Transfer" button
4) Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the transfer
5) Once the transfer is complete, your domain will be registered with Shopify
You're probably wondering how to transfer a domain name to Shopify. The process is quite simple, but there are some essential requirements that you must meet beforehand. In this post, we've outlined the steps you need to take and the different requirements for transferring your domain name. If you have any questions or run into any problems during the process, don't hesitate to contact us for help. We would be happy to assist you in transferring your domain name to Shopify so you can start reaping the benefits of this powerful eCommerce platform.
Recommended: How To Switch From Wix To Shopify?