Kitting in logistics and Assembly is accountable as one of the significant pieces of eCommerce fulfillment strategy. When you execute it correctly, you will be liable for saving a lot of time and money. This ideology will help the companies ship the products quicker than usual. Therefore, understanding the execution process for this concept is essential for an ideal implementation.
Hence, this article intends to give you complete exposure to the idea of kitting and Assembly and its performance.
Practical Understanding of Kitting and Assembly
Kitting and Assembly are accountable as the fulfillment service carried out mainly by third-party logistic firms. It involves packaging items that come as different orders or pieces and are turned into a single group in advance, even before the customers have placed the order.
What is Kitting?
The collecting aspect of separating pieces into a single offering is known as kits. It is pre-built in batches! Building these kits is to keep them ready for shipping right after the customer places an order for the same. It is accountable for adapting the retail fulfillment process.
It cannot be done with any regular order! It is impossible to predict the combinations for which the customer will place an order with the usual demands. Kitting is ideal for situations where the variety of products is already known ahead of time.
As practical considerations are taken into note, it is not sensitive enough to kit the items at all times. Therefore, you need to talk to a kitting company to understand the services better. With expert consultation from kitting companies, you can find solutions that might work well for your business. You will then be liable for deciding whether the solution and idea fit with the process.
What is Assembly?
Assembly comes after the idea of kitting implementation! The actual process involves properly arranging the individual items that make up the complete kit. The kit is ready to ship when a customer orders that combination when assembled.
Both kitting and Assembly are taken care of at respective stations. The fulfillment staff takes the responsibility of completing the process in bulk to streamline the process and increase the efficiencies of the business. After the kits are prepared, they will be put in the storage spot until an order is placed.
Companies use everyday items for kitting are promotional literature, product samples, and other things to make a cohesive set of products.
Examples of Kitting in eCommerce and Logistics Operations
There are different types of kitting bundles that are consistently observed in e-commerce. Here are some for your reference:
The ready-to-order sets are packaged and good-to-go for the customers. These products are often combined in a group of quantities, mixes, or colors. Customers have set options on their eCommerce portal to choose the set they want to buy. The company must put together the best products within a set for increased sales experience. One can take help from professional kitting and fulfillment services to know what would boost the sales experience for their brand with such kits.
Subscription boxes are another popular kit used tremendously. Specific products such as sports drinks, coffee, beauty products, and coffee are ideal for subscription kitting. It is an excellent way of selling a single package with multiple products. It is more like a convenience service to customers, as they get the set orders within time and won’t have to put effort into future charges for the same product as they are subscribed for the set. Hence, this will get a repeat buyer for the brand.
It is common for companies to kit all necessary parts of a completed product. For instance, if you are selling furniture, you need to pack the fitting accessories, associated combo products, and other materials that the customer will need to make the final product. Keeping these items packed will eventually help eCommerce companies ship the product immediately after placing an order.
Gift with Purchases
Most retail stores want to implement product kitting by adding a gift with the purchases. And there is no specific need to decide upon what to gift, as it could be anything per your desire. So, pair them up with your trending orders and keep them ready for shipping.
Related: The Secret to Increasing Product Sales by Outsourcing Kitting Services
The Benefits Of Using Kitting And Assembly In eCommerce Fulfillment
Kitting and assembly are two of the most significant benefits of eCommerce fulfillment services. The main aim is to manage all products organized while ensuring they are ready to ship when a customer orders. Some of the top benefits include:
1. Reduced Shipping Costs: With kitting, it is possible to ship multiple items in a single package. This, in turn, reduces the shipping costs as you will send fewer packages overall.
2. Increased Sales and AOV: When you offer kitted products, there is an increased chance of upselling and cross-selling. Customers will likely spend more on each order, increasing the average order value (AOV).
3. Improved Customer Satisfaction: Kitting can also lead to improved customer satisfaction levels. This is because customers will receive their orders faster and will be less likely to experience issues such as missing items or damaged products.
4. Enhanced Operations: Operationally, kitting can help to streamline your fulfillment process. This is because you will only need to pick, pack, and ship one rather than multiple products.
5. Increased Efficiency: In addition to improved operations, kitting can lead to increased efficiency. This is because you can fulfill orders faster without requiring manual intervention.
How To Use Kitting and Assembly in eCommerce Fulfillment
If you’re thinking about using kitting and assembly in your eCommerce fulfillment process, there are a few things to consider.
1. Product Selection: The first step is to select the products you want to include in your kits. This is important as you need to ensure that the products complement each other and that the equipment can meet customer needs.
2. Pricing: When setting the price for your kit, you need to consider the cost of the individual products as well as the cost of shipping. You should also factor in any discounts or promotions you plan on offering.
3. Packaging: Once you have selected the products for your kit, you need to determine the best way to package them. This is important as you must ensure that the products are protected during shipping.
4. Shipping: When shipping your kits, you need to consider the size and weight of the products. You also need to factor in the distance the equipment needs to travel.
5. Returns: It’s essential to have a return policy in place if customers are unsatisfied with their purchase. This will allow you to refund or exchange the kit if necessary.
Tips for Outsourcing Kitting and Assembly Services
If you’re thinking about outsourcing kitting and assembly services, there are a few things to keep in mind.
1. Cost: When selecting a provider, you need to consider the cost of the service. This includes the price of the equipment as well as the shipping costs.
2. Quality: It’s also important to consider the quality of the service. This means ensuring that the provider has a good reputation and uses high-quality materials.
3. Experience: You should also consider the provider's experience when outsourcing kitting and assembly services. This is important as you want to ensure they have the knowledge and expertise to meet your needs.
4. Customer Service: Finally, you should also consider the customer service of the provider. This is important as you want to be able to contact them if there are any problems with your order.
Simpl Fulfillment Kitting and Assembly Services
Simpl is a leading provider of kitting and assembly services. We offer a wide range of services to meet your needs, including:
1. Custom Kitting Solutions: We offer custom kitting solutions to meet the specific needs of your business. This includes selecting the products, packaging them, and shipping them to your customers.
2. Bulk Kitting Services: We also offer bulk kitting services for businesses that need to kit large quantities of products. This includes selecting the products, packaging them, and shipping them to your customers.
3. Assembly Services: In addition to kitting services, we also offer assembly services. We can assemble products such as furniture, bicycles, and more.
4. Quality Control: We also offer quality control services to ensure your products are up to standards. This includes inspecting the products, testing them, and packaging them appropriately.
5. Shipping Services: Finally, we also offer shipping services to send your products to your customers. We can ship to locations around the world.
If you’ve been looking for a way to reduce the time and effort it takes to fill your orders, then kitting may be just what you need. By partnering with a Logistics Company that has experts on staff who specialize in this process, they can discuss how best to implement it into your fulfillment strategy. You could also share some ideas about how best to do so with them-they have plenty of experience!
Contact Simpl Fulfillment today if you want assistance from those who know all there is to know about order fulfillment or would like their help creating an effective plan. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Recommended: 13 Important Questions to Ask 3PL Providers