As a business owner, you know that shipping is an essential part of your operation. But setting up shipping through Bigcommerce can be tricky - there are so many options! In this blog post, we'll walk you through the process step-by-step and show you how to get your shipping up and running in no time. So read on and learn everything you need to know about BigCommerce shipping!
How To Set Up Bigcommerce Shipping
1. Go to "Store Setup"> "Shipping."
2. Select "Set up shipping."
3. You'll need to provide the following information on the "Set Shipping Origin" page (this will be used to compute shipping rates and determine which carriers are accessible to you):
- Name of your Country
- Name of your Company
- Your Street address
- Your City Name
- Your Postal code
- Name of the State You are living in
- Your Phone number
4. Select "Next" after you're finished. The Shipping Origin address will not appear on your shop by default, but it will be on shipping labels.
5. The BigCommerce Shipping app will subsequently be suggested as your label service by BigCommerce. This choice is free and has many essential features, but more options are available in the BigCommerce app marketplace if you want to look around.
6. Select "Install."
7. Check the box acknowledging that you are responsible for PCI-DSS compliance and select "Confirm."
8. Enter your BigCommerce account information, agree to the terms and conditions, and select "Link accounts."
The BigCommerce Shipping app will import and sync your store's product and order information. Orders having the statuses "Awaiting Fulfillment," "Awaiting Pickup," and "Awaiting Shipment" will be mapped to BigCommerce order statuses that are equivalent. This modification will be reflected in your BigCommerce store once each order is finished and the status reads "Shipped" in BigCommerce Shipping.
Related: What is FedEx Ground Economy (FedEx Smartpost) For Businesses?
The BigCommerce Shipping Dashboard
After the import is finished, you will be able to access the BigCommerce Shipping options on the dashboard. The BigCommerce dashboard contains a lot of features, and some of those features are:
- You can view your orders, create shipments, and print labels in the Orders section.
- You can view your shipments, follow their progress, and generate return labels.
- It will create customized shipping reports based on the status and date range.
- BigCommerce Shipping will send you automatic notifications for all of your status updates and order-based recommendations for increased efficiency (for example, combining separate shipments that are going to the same destination).
- Configure your shipping costs, carriers, and policies, among other things.
Related: How to Get Free Shipping Supplies from USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL
Setting up shipping through Bigcommerce can seem daunting at first, but with this guide you'll be able to get it up and running in no time! And if you need help with fulfillment, our team at Simpl is here for you. Contact us today to learn more about our pick, pack services - we're sure that we can help take your business to the next level.
Recommended: How Much Are You Going to Pay With BigCommerce?