The holiday season is quickly approaching, and with it comes the annual Black Friday frenzy. With so many people having their sights set on Black Friday deals, you may be wondering how to prepare for this eventful day. There are many methods used to improve eCommerce fulfillment for Black Friday to ensure your customers have a great time shopping. Here are a few tips that will help you get ahead of your competition.
How To Prepare For Black Friday and Get Ahead of Your Competition
Have a Email Marketing Campaign
If you want to draw and attract customers into your eCommerce store, then Email marketing is one of the top ways you can do that. This is because Email marketing is 40% more effective than social media marketing. But when you are creating an email campaign, you should keep in mind that you need to catch your audience's attention without having the risk of your email being moved to the spam folder. You need to know your customers very well, which is your biggest strength.
Here are some tips you could follow along the way:
1. Always address your customer by their name in your emails, allowing the email to be more personalized.
2. Use the shopping history of the customers as a tool to tailor deals to their tastes and interests.
3. For existing customers, you can offer and give exclusive discounts to them.
4. Customers should be given earlier access to various discounts and previews of sales.
When your emails are more personalized, your customers can feel more valued.
Your email marketing should always be better than your competitors. So for that, you need to be checking your brand message, tone, and mission.
It is not always straightforward to make your posts on social media stand out alone. But by using these secret ideas, you can attract many people to your eCommerce brand:
1. When you are using photos of your products, make sure that it is in high quality.
2. Your posts need to be more of authentic nature than just using it for advertising.
3. Write captions that are captivating so that they can be appealing to everyone.
4. Try to build suspense by dropping out hints about deals during Black Friday.
5. Put out your best deals ahead during the day of Black Friday.
6. And lastly, do not forget to include the link to your website in your bio.
Keep Your Site Ready for High Volumes of Traffic
Having your site crash and go down on Black Friday could be the worst scenario you could ever imagine. To avoid this, your website needs to be completely ready to let customers in and out very quickly and function flawlessly without any issues.
62% of online shoppers don't usually wait if a page takes more than 3 to 5 seconds to load, so you need to be sure that your website can handle spikes in traffic.
And also, when your website is getting troubleshot, make sure to streamline your checkout process as well. Most shoppers go off and jump ship if the checkout process is too laborious or takes a lot of time.
Invest time in Mobile Optimization
When you invest your time in Mobile Optimization, the first thing you need to ensure is that your entire site, inclusive of the checkout process, is completely mobile optimized.
Then you can decide whether using a mobile app for your business will be right or not. If customers have a mobile app, shopping can become very easy for them.
Using Multi-Channel Selling
The use of Multi-Channel Selling can help you to benefit from the success of Amazon and other substantial eCommerce platforms.
Even when it comes to Black Friday deals, Walmart plays a massive role in it. If you go and sell your product on Walmart Marketplace, it can get ahead in front of millions of shoppers.
As you create a loyal customer base that returns to your store in the future, it can very much enhance your sales and your earnings. This is because return customers can save you money on advertising. What you can do is:
1. You can examine your return policy because the easier it is, the more customers are likely to buy from you again.
2. Increase the number of people working in customer service and the quality of service you provide.
3. Encourage customers to sign up and join the loyalty program which you have.
4. Finally, you could include some paperwork to direct customers to your website when listing on Amazon or walmart marketplace.
The holiday season is a hectic time for eCommerce businesses, but it doesn't have to be. With the right planning and preparation, you can ensure your customers will enjoy their shopping experience with you this Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If these tips don’t work out for you or if they're too much of an undertaking, get in touch with our team who are experts at handling fulfillment needs during high-traffic times like these! Happy holidays from all of us here at Simpl Fulfilment!